The Layout Designer is similar to the Catalog Designer with one distinction: some elements (such as images or product text) are placeholders. These placeholder should be filled once they added to the catalog page as part of this layout.
To design a page layout follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to My Layouts on the left hand side and click Add new layout button.
2. Fill layout properties. Check if you want to share this layout with other Catalog Machine users
3. Design your layout by dragging and dropping layout elements. Some elements (image, product text) are placeholders that will be filled with real images and product information on a catalog page.
4. Test your layout with different orientation, themes, colors and fonts.
5. Finally use your layouts in your catalog.